[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by rajnmann
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Nepali Citizenship translate for GC
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 04-08-20 12:45 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hi Everyone,

I am in the process of getting employment based GC but in order to do that, GC interview required all the original documents.
Interview went well, but the birth certificate was not sufficient enough since it was created last year only.

Since documenting birth certificate wasn't a normal practice back in 80s, i had made it last year during filing.

Now the officer is asking for 2nd supporting document, which is translation of Nepali citizenship card to english.
Has anyone faced this issue or have done this before for any purpose? Can we get it done in USA?

Thanks for your help.
Posted on 04-08-20 2:52 PM     [Snapshot: 85]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

I did translation of Nepali citizenship card to english and it was made in Nepal, not sure if they make here in US. I did present that doc during my GC interview.
Wish you luck brother....
Posted on 04-08-20 3:48 PM     [Snapshot: 120]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

USCIS is open for interviews right now?
Posted on 04-08-20 9:48 PM     [Snapshot: 192]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Mostly when a Birth Certificate is registered late, they ask for secondary evidence. You might as well want to submit affidavits regarding your birth. Submit may be two. One from your mother or father and one from any close family member. Stating that you were indeed born on the said date, your are son/daughter of your (parents name) and state that at the time of birth they did not register your Birth. If possible have them notarize it, if not they can sign it and submit it along with a copy of their identity page of passport.

For translation of your Nagarikta, you can have someone here in the U.S. translate and have them sign it with a certificate of translation with their Name, address and Phone Number. Hope it helps.
Posted on 04-09-20 8:48 AM     [Snapshot: 247]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?     Liked by

Secondary evidence doesn’t necessarily mean translation of citizenship certificate will be enough. Does it list both of your parents’ name? If you are from 80’s, it will have father’s name only. The best is the Affidavit of Supports from both parents. You can also include the copy of citizenship certificate and its translation. Anyone can translate it anywhere, just need to write the statement Something similar to “ i certify that the translation is complete and accurate and I am fluent in English and Nepalese language” and then sign, date, provide name and contact info.
Posted on 04-14-20 11:52 AM     [Snapshot: 455]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanks everyone for the details
Posted on 04-14-20 12:08 PM     [Snapshot: 471]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

@pyak: banda cha pyakjee... ma pani kurerai baseko ho ..

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 365 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
TPS Re-registration
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
निगुरो थाहा छ ??
ChatSansar.com Naya Nepal Chat
Lets play Antakshari...........
Basnet or Basnyat ??
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
NRN card pros and cons?
TPS EAD auto extended to June 2025 or just TPS?
मेरो अम्रिका यात्रा -२
Do nepalese really need TPS?
कता जादै छ नेपाली समाज ??
susta manasthiti lai ke bhanchan english ma?
Biden out, Trump next president, so what’s gonna happen to TPS, termination?
मन भित्र को पत्रै पत्र!
Will MAGA really start shooting people?
Democrats are so sure Trump will win
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
Mr. Dipak Gyawali-ji Talk is Cheap. US sends $ 200 million to Nepal every year.
Harvard Nepali Students Association Blame Israel for hamas terrorist attacks
TPS Update : Jajarkot earthquake
is Rato Bangala school cheating?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters